Fixed Income Markets Conference – NEW YORK – 24 January 2012 – Sky Road, a leading cloud-based solutions provider to the financial services industry, today announced that Swap Trader, its hosted solution for the rates trading complex spanning risk management, order management, pre-trade analytics, trade flow processing and execution, has continued to augment its suite of solutions with the release of Swap Trader 2.0.
The enhanced cloud-based solution is among the first in the industry that directly responds to new challenges stemming from regulatory mandates for central clearing of OTC derivatives and listed products. More than ever, traders require an advanced tool to help identify and capture trade opportunities. Swap Trader 2.0 combines a state-of-the-art user interface with powerful risk analytics and is designed to quickly on-board and connect swap trading desks to new execution venues, liquidity pools and markets.
“With Swap Trader 2.0, we are releasing the first truly consolidated trading front end for the rates trading complex. This launch gives our clients a significant jump start into the new electronic interest rate swap markets by offering expanded connectivity and product coverage while retaining our emphasis on fair value analytics for relative value trading,” comments John Borse, founder and President of Sky Road. “Swap Trader allows traders with IRS desks to interact with their portfolios both comprehensively and intuitively from pre-trade and execution through portfolio management and clearing.”
With Swap Trader 2.0, benefits include:
• Support for EUR-denominated asset classes clearable by CME and LCH.Clearnet
• Real-time interest rate derivatives (IRD) fair value analytics blended seamlessly with execution screens to enable effective price discovery and calculation of hedge equivalents across execution venues
• Risk inspectors that provide transparency, drill downs and visualizations for: parallel, key rate, steepener, flattener and hedge equivalent risk scenarios
• Global futures execution
• Centralization of voice and electronic executions for central counterparty (CCP) and electronically traded rates products
• OTC trade processing automation including submission, affirmation, confirmation and clearing status updates via MarkitSERV
• State-of-the-art user experience incorporating visualizations for monitoring and taking action
“As regulatory clarity gets closer, firms are looking for tools that will provide access to liquidity and begin to capture trading opportunities now,” states Eiman Abdelmoneim, Principal and Director of Product Strategy at Sky Road. “As a cloud-based solution, Swap Trader 2.0 is able to rapidly on board firms allowing them to take advantage of this new market environment.”